Wednesday 19 September 2018

Lesson from nature: Life is short



One morning as I went out for a walk to admire God’s creation a tiny yellow insect with large scaly wings caught my attention. It was the first time I had really spent time to admire this particular creature in this part of the earth, we don’t see butterflies in Sutgatti-Hubli very often. I was delighted and followed the butterfly as it was skipping in the air. I forgot all my worries and lost track of time, I began observing it’s every move. I even tried capturing it on the camera. But the butterfly was very lively, active and too fast for me.
All of a sudden, the butterfly had stopped moving. It seemed like it was stuck in mid-air. By the time I made sense out of the whole scene, it was too late. A spider on all his eight crawled up to it and right away began enjoying the fruit of its hard work. The butterfly was stuck in the web that the spider had perfectly and patiently fashioned. The venom took effect and before I could act the butterfly was dead.
Moral: We never know what will happen next. The cure of the smile may be inverted in split seconds and turn into sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons from Nature: Essence

'You are the Salt of the Earth', Jesus says this in the gospel according to Mathew 5:13 (Bible). This statement set me thinking. M...