Tuesday 18 September 2018

Fictional Love - Feb 29th

You are the one who twisted everything around
I was so over whelmed with joy that my feet denied staying on the ground
My heart has realized the importance of the person it has found

When in 12th , my day was not complete without seeing you
I used to peep into your class when I used to pass by in a queue
In that split second I used to be anxious of anybody blocking my view

It was fun talking to the parrots and love birds in the school
For me it made a lot of sense but others thought I was a fool
But you by my side even the silliest things seemed cool

I am missing all the teasing and the bullying
Of course it’s me who troubled you, but you were my everything
And now without you, just looking at our pics I do nothing

Now the high pitched whistle has no goal in life
When I hear someone whistle, it is like I am sliced with a knife
I had always dreamt to take you as my wife

Rejoice at the moments we together shared
When I used to be in your arms, a kiss I dared
I’m sorry for times I hurt you, by listing to what others said.

When I think of you I feel sad but at the same time I smile
And when I desire meeting you even a minutes’ walk seems like a mile
Now that you are far away from me, my heart is scorched like a roof tile

The promises we made to each other still echo in my ears
I try to feel you close besides me whenever I am in tears
Nothing more to lose now, in my life there are no more fears

The day we expressed our heart, November 29th
We felt it would be difficult to go on, February 29th
The day that comes just once in four years but I never forget to remember, Feb 29th 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons from Nature: Essence

'You are the Salt of the Earth', Jesus says this in the gospel according to Mathew 5:13 (Bible). This statement set me thinking. M...