Thursday 20 August 2020

Lessons from Nature: Care and Love


One sunny afternoon the laziness in me was getting attracted towards the b ed. I decided I could rest for some time, but before I forget, I wanted to water the flower pot on my window and that’s when my whole focus shifted from crashing on to the bed to the cat outside my window. The cat had three kittens and it was grooming them. It licked them gently while the kittens were playfully jumping all over and the mother cat was watching over them. I could not believe my eyes it was the same cat that was hissing at me a few days back while I accidently reached too close to it. I was also reminded how the same cat had mercilessly caught and killed a vulnerable pigeon. It had also got into an ugly situation with a dog that just wanted to play; it scratched the dog so bad that it would have gone blind. 
I was lost in my thoughts, but a tiny tin dropped by one of the kittens brought me back to reality. I wondered to myself, how this cat which is generally so cruel be so nice. I realized that even we humans, are kind, loving and compassionate towards the people we like. We human beings are blessed with reason and understanding and it’s easier for us to take control and know the difference between good and bad. I was thrilled by what I was thinking; I felt how Thomas Edison must have felt while inventing the bulb. We have become destructive because the love within us is sinking. In olden days most people lived knowing and loving those around them. In the villages people knew practically everybody, thus would not want to hurt. We claim that technology has made the entire world a global village, but we don’t even know the person staying in the adjacent flat in my building. There are thefts and murders in our neigbourhood and we get to know about this through social media after a few some time, we aren’t there to console or help the victims or distressed. My biggest realization was that if we have a little love and care we could change the world and make it a better place. Hatred can’t be fought with hatred we need love to defeat it. Let’s be kind and try to love all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons from Nature: Essence

'You are the Salt of the Earth', Jesus says this in the gospel according to Mathew 5:13 (Bible). This statement set me thinking. M...